A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him now, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
How far along? 30 weeks
Total weight gain: 27 lbs
Sleep: between me getting up to potty 5 or 6 times a night and John snoring, not great.
Favorite moment this week: hanging up and sorting John's baby clothes and thinking about how special it is that our son will be wearing them in just a few (short?) weeks.Movement: A LOT! It is my very favorite thing. It's CRAZY to watch my stomach contort and watch his body part (foot, knee, elbow, hiney) move from one side of my belly slowly to the other. He was head down at my 28 week appointment, but he could have flipped since then so I never know what I'm actually looking at. I do know that the bulk of his body remains on my left side as it has for a while now. I know because my belly is bigger on that side (visible to me if not to others), I swell more in my left foot and hand, and the doctor said that's where he was when I went. He is a busy little boy in there whatever position he's in. I wonder what this means for life on the outside!?
Symptoms: hip pain at night, fatigue, slowing down physically (but not waddling yet, thankfully), big time baby brain - I am really out of it sometimes, and HEARTBURN!
Symptoms I DON'T have: no stretchmarks, thankfully (YET!). I'll probably spring a few tomorrow just for saying that.
Food cravings: not craving anything I'm supposed to eat, so it doesn't matter. ;)
Food aversions: none
Gender: BOY!!!!
Labor Signs: too early
Belly Button in or out? out
What I miss: I want a hot dog! I've wanted one since the beginning, but preggies can't eat them because of all the who-knows-what in them. I know I could get some sort of special hot dog from Earthfare or somewhere that would be fine to eat, but that wouldn't satisfy my craving for a good ol' greasy hot dog with greasy chili and mustard. Throw in a cold beer and I might just kiss ya!
What I am looking forward to: going to the beach next week. This will be our last baby free vacation for a long time!
Weekly Wisdom: relax
Milestones: 30 weeks sounds so far along to me. I can't believe I'm already here. Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Only ten more weeks to go! (give or take 1 or 2)
I really don't know how this belly is going to get any bigger, but I know it will since it still has 10 weeks of growing to do. The looks I get when I tell people I'm due September 2 are hilarious. They all seem to think I'm about to pop at any minute. Oh well. I love my belly and I really don't care how big it gets if it means Jake is healthy! :)
2 comments:
Your big belly looks so cute!!! Can't wait to see "ya'll" this week:)
love it! ...that is your belly and little Jake inside!
and love you! you look awesome!
Post a Comment