6/18/11

My Dad

I am a lucky girl to call my dad my dad.  I could probably write a book about why I love him so much, but eloquent words escape me this morning, so it will suffice to say that...

My dad just doesn't do anything half ass. That may not sound like much of a compliment, but, trust me, it is.
Let's see...
  • He works and has always worked harder than anyone I know.
  • He plays just as hard.
  • He laughs hard and loud and makes me do the same.
  • He can't even get sick half ass. Yep, it's all or nothing with him. He's either healthy as a horse or 3 months from dying. What a blessing that next year will be 10 years since that horrible (and thankfully wrong) prognosis.  He loves life so much and his determination to live really made miracles happen.
  • He loves more purely than I can even understand and his heart is bigger than the moon.
  • He's fathered us since we were born and will always take that job as seriously as the first day.
  • He fathered us through the death of our mother, his wife, with strength and grace that would bring you to your knees.
  • He fathered us and 3 others as we all navigated a whole new world together in the years after.
  • The icing on the cake is that he's done all this with a one of a kind (and sometimes inappropriate) sense of humor!
These are just a small few of the million things I love about him, but the most important one of all is that:
  • Through it all, he has never failed to inspire me and I have never, not even once, in my life doubted that I was loved.  And that's invaluable.

Like I said, I'm a lucky girl.


Happy Father's Day, Daddy!!

Love,
Hannabell

1 comment:

Tricia said...

What a sweet, sweet tribute to your daddy, Hanna. I know he will be touched by your precious words when he reads this!