Starting Monday, I'll be working in the office 4 days a week. Our department is gaining some new responsibilities and it will be easier to organize training etc... when everyone is in one place as opposed to 20 separate homes. The goal, we're told, is to get back to our normal, 3 days at home per week after the month of October. I REALLY hope this is the case. My at-home work days, aside from working, are used to make meals in advance and do housework so I can concentrate on my family when we're all home together and on nights and weekends. I do not take this for granted. I know I'm lucky to be able to do this. As a working mother, I really couldn't have a better set up.
Even though I am not one bit excited about this change, I am choosing to focus on the positives:
- I still get one day at home per week.
- I get off at 4:30 on in-office days, so we're all 3 home by 5:15.
- I have a job and, even though our business is in a pretty iffy place right now due to stupid health care reform (PLEASE VOTE ROMNEY!), the fact that our department is gaining more responsibility makes me feel more secure about things as far as my position is concerned.
9/26/12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment