9/5/12

some damn thing or the other

Poor Jake has had what seems like every single solitary form of rash, virus, or small ailment known to man (or baby).
Since he was born, I don't think we've gone more than a month without a visit to the doctor for some damn thing or the other.
I admit I am paranoid, but the doctor assured me (upon asking her if she thinks I am crazy. wow.) that each time I have brought him in, it has been for a legitimate reason.  (Of course she did.) 
I agree with her, though.  How can you ignore a fever that won't go away or a rash that came out of nowhere?  My brain is a world of "what ifs" on any given day, but, when it comes to Jake, this is especially the case.  More on my motherly anxiety on another day, perhaps.
I am hoping that he is just getting all of this out of the way early.

Jake's list includes:
6 (or 8) ear infections
fifths disease
hand foot and mouth disease
mystery rash #1 (last month)
throat virus
mystery rash #2 (today)  picture below - not raised, just small red spots on lower abdomen.  no doctor's call today.  if it's not gone in a few days, i'll call.



Please know that I know that, even if something like this were to come up every single day, we would still be lucky that there have been no serious illnesses and that our child is healthy.  I do not take this for granted and I thank God every day for it.  I just get frustrated because it seems like it is ALWAYS something.  The mental battle of "should we take him?" or "should we wait?" is exhausting, but, most of all, I feel bad for little Jake.  Thank heavens he is still happy as a lark, if a little more clingy, even when he's sick.

No comments: