9/17/12

hair cut numero dos

Jake's hair has grown a lot since his first cut.  I decided to cut it myself instead of pay $15 to have someone else do it.  This may or may not have been a good decision. 
Jake and I strolled on down to the FD (family dollar at the end of our street which is, embarrassingly, one of my favorite places to go) to get some hair scissors and a proper comb.

I put a trash bag over him with a hole for his head, which he tolerated for about 5 seconds, so he had to have a bath right afterwards to get all the hair out of his diaper.
I wet his hair, combed it, and had high hopes of then utilizing what I am calling the "between the fingers skill" which I notice hair people do, but that didn't happen.  It was pretty much distract with cheerios and snip when he wasn't looking, which is how I nicked the back of his sweet little ear.  It only bled a little and he forgot about it almost immediately.  I feel terrible, but that's why God made hydrogen peroxide, right?

I didn't touch his bangs and I only trimmed his little baby wings.  I really just wanted to cut the bottom of the back.  I was thinking it looked pretty good (if a little short) until John got home and was unable to disguise his amusement.  He thinks it looks like a little girl's bob in the back.  It is pretty short, and he may look a little like one of the three stooges from certain angles, but he's still the cutest one in the world, so it's ok.


not bad?
hmmm




It'll pass, but I won't be doing it again.



2 comments:

Courtney said...

Baaahaaaaa !!! I think it looks just fine!

Hanna said...

Thank you, Court!!!! :)