9/23/12

Jake - 13 months

  • You are 13 months old!  You're in between baby and toddler, fighting for your independence one second and clinging to my leg the next. 
  • You are learning so much every day! 
  • You copy things we do and repeat things we show you.
  • You clap when you get excited or when you are playing pee pie.
  • You still like to do "the indian" with your hand over your mouth.
  • You will blow kisses (sometimes)
  • You "dribble" your lips with your fingers.
  • You babble a whole lot but still no real words.  You say dada and mama, but not in context usually.
  • You wave and say "da da" like bye bye
  • I know you will start talking in your own time.
  • You love to bring me books to read to you.  I love this and I hope you will be a life long reader.
  • You have 8 teeth (4 top and 4 bottom).  These last couple have been pretty painful for you and you're in the middle of cutting more.
  • Sometimes you eat every bite of food you're given and sometimes it all goes on the floor or in your hair.
  • You love your milk.  The doctor said to give you between 16 and 24 oz a day, so I give you 3 8oz cups a day.  You don't always drink the whole thing, but most of the time you do.
  • You're kind of going through a needy phase.  I can't leave the room without tears and you want to be held all the time.  I admit I probably give in more than I should because I know you won't want me to hold you forever.
  • You wear size 24m or 2T clothes.  You still fit into 18m, but they're a little small.  Size 4 diaper during the day and size 5 at night.  I think we're about to move up diaper sizes.  Size 6 shoe.
  • You are starting to understand your toys and things around the house.  You roll the cars and trucks (sometimes) and you "brush" your hair with your brush, etc...  
  • You really like to pick up your heaviest toys and carry them across the room.  We tell you how strong you are!
  • You laugh at me when I am stern with you.  You think I'm playing.  For example, you have been biting lately and you think it's hilarious when I tell you "no bite!".
  • Your typical day:  wake 6:45/7am and have milk.  breakfast at 7:30.  (if at home, you take a nap around 8:30am for about 45 minutes, but you don't do this at Ms. Bea's.) snack at 10:30.  lunch at 12 with milk. Nap at 12:30 for about 2 hours.  snack at 3:30.  supper at 5:30.  bath at 6:00.  milk after bath. bed between 6:30 and 7.  (you are completely over the day by this time)


As always, you're such a joy and such a good natured baby boy.  I love you!

No comments: