8/23/12

goodness, dirt, and love...

My sweet Jake,
You have stolen my heart.  Yes, you snatched it up the second you were born 1 year ago!
It is hard to believe that you've already gone from an 8lb 10oz newborn who rarely opened his eyes to the 25lb 1 year old you are today, so full of life and personality!  There is nothing more precious in this world than watching you grow and learn.  Time is going by so quickly and I never want to forget a single thing!


My wish for you, as you grow and for the rest of your life, is that you're never, ever afraid to be yourself, just the way God made you, and that you'll always have the confidence to follow your dreams, big and small. 
I hope you'll always remember the importance of kindness, honesty, and a sense of humor.  And I want you to always, always know that you are loved.  Daddy and I could not love you more, Jake, and we always will, no matter what.
Though there will be days when it won't feel like it, we will always be in your corner doing our very best to guide you in this world until you're ready to navigate it on your own (and even after).

I've never done a thing to deserve the joy and purpose you give to me, so I just thank God every day for choosing me to be your mommy.
I thank Him every day for you, my darling blend of sweetness, grit, grins, innocence, stubbornness, silliness, goodness, dirt, and love.

With my whole heart,
Mama


note: don't be fooled by the tears and strained voice of the new mother in the video above.  Though she appears devastated, she is completely overwhelmed with happiness and relief.  embarrassing...






No comments: