8/3/12

Bottles (for records)

We are down to 1 bottle a day (as of a week or two ago)!  When I started dropping bottles, I figured the bed time one would be the last to go, but it turns out to be the morning one for a few reasons.  1 - by feeding him with a bottle in the morning, I can ensure that he starts his day with a full belly.  He gets distracted with the sippy cup and it can take a long time to get 8oz down on his own. 2 - Because he can take awhile with the sippy cup, a bottle helps since we're more pressed for time in the mornings.  3 - I enjoy cuddling with him in the mornings when he's so sweet and sleepy and fresh.
He has the most energy in the early evenings right before bed and sitting still for a bottle is not going to happen.  We cuddle, read, and sing, but in spurts, while winding down.

He's gone with no bottles once or twice and was just fine, so I know that we'll be able to make the goal of being bottle free at 1 year.
*He gets 8oz formula 3 times a day.  At 1 year, he'll go to whole milk, but not as many oz as formula.

No comments: