12/1/11

I'm in the SPIRIT!!!!!

I got started today with decorating and, while I'm not one to go over the top, I do love it! 
I am not very crafty, so, if I do something myself, it has to be super easy and cheap.  And when I say easy, I mean easy.  I can't stand it when the DIY sites say things are easy when they are, most decidedly, not!  If it's hard, just say it's not for beginner crafters!  Show offs.
The first DIY project I ever did was make our Christmas stockings 3 years ago.  They're the ones on the ends in the pic below.  I just picked out some fabric and burlap and went to town.  I don't sew, so they're made with fabric glue.  The edges aren't perfectly rounded and they're kinda shabby, but that's how I like them.  I made Jake's (in the middle) this week with the left over fabric and burlap from his nursery. We always laugh at ours because they're so skinny and we can really only stuff them with tooth brushes and razors!  Plus, I made them to hang the wrong dang way.  Oh, well! 


Then a couple of years ago, I made these ornaments.  It was our first Christmas together in our house and I didn't have a lot of ornaments, so, instead of spending a bunch of money, I just made my own.  I wrapped styrofoam balls with fabric, tied them together with a ribbon, and stuck a partly undone paper clip down in them for hanging.  Easy.


This year, I was introduced to pinterest, where I found this idea to spruce up the berry wreath I hang every year.  Whipped it up today in no time.  Easy and I love it!!


I can't wait to decorate the tree this weekend!!!


2 comments:

Shelby said...

Love the wreath! Where did you get it?

ALindler said...

I LOVE PINTEREST!!!!!