12/19/11

Great Weekend

We had a great weekend! 

Saturday, we went to a family reunion for my Mama's side of the family.  It's always great to see everyone and it was extra special to bring Jake to meet lots of family.  I have to admit I was a little nervous that he would break down, as he tends to get a little overwhelmed sometimes, but he did just great!  He handled the sugar on his cheeks from all the ladies and being passed around like a hot cake like a champ and I was so proud (and relieved)!

Yesterday, my parents came to celebrate Christmas with us since we'll be here for the big day.  It was such a great visit and we just loved it!  They gave Jake an exersaucer for Christmas (along with other great goodies!) and, even though he isn't totally into toys yet, he seems to really like it already.  This is going to be such a great thing for him to have in the months to come.  We love it!  Thanks so much, Daddy and Deb! 

Yesterday afternoon, John, Jake, and I loaded up and went out to Sandhill Village (outdoor mall about 30 minutes or so from our house) and walked around.  It was a lot of fun and, again, Jake did so great!  We were out there for about 3 hours and he was just a laid back as could be.

I am off work today, so he's here with me and I am loving it!  (he's napping now)

before we went to the reunion Saturday.  Sweet angel.

No comments: