- I have more patience than I ever thought I would.
- I can fall madly in love with a complete stranger.
- I am not nearly as important as I once was.
- God made me to be a mother. Life makes more sense now and it feels so good to have a greater purpose.
- Burps are great.
- Poops are better.
- I am a morning person.
- I can't relax unless everything in my house is in it's place.
- I can survive on very little sleep and still manage to be nice.
- Follow my instincts and do what works for me and my child and don't judge other mothers for doing the same.
- My heart is bigger than I ever thought it could grow.
- I don't sweat the small stuff as much anymore. There are way more important things in life.
- Let people help when they offer.
- Family is the most important thing on Earth. (immediate and extended)
- I understand my sisters, friends, and family members who are mothers on a different level now and feel closer to them for it. I also have an understanding of the love my mother felt for me and it makes me feel wonderful.
- The best thing I ever did was marry my husband. I knew this already, but I love relearning it as I watch him grow as a husband and father.
- I can carry on a one sided conversation like a champ and make up songs about anything from poop to being fussy.
- You have to go with the flow with a baby or you are setting yourself up for a trip right to an insane asylum.
- I am in control of something over which I have no control and I love it all.
9/28/11
Personal Growth
Being a mother has taught me so many things and changed me in ways I never expected, even in this short amount of time. I won't even try to name them all, but here are a few of the ways I've changed and a few things I've learned so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love it! Proud of you:)
Beautiful words from a BEAUTIFUL mommy!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!
Post a Comment