9/21/11

Look, Mama!

I found my thumb!!!
Wup, I lost it!
I love how his little head wrinkles around his widow's peak.  bless it.
Okay, I found it again.

An aside: 
Jake LOVES his 'paci' and has from the beginning (once I gave up the notion that I didn't want him to have it), but I would much rather him be a thumb sucker than a paci sucker.  I know a lot of people would disagree saying that they'll have buck teeth and also that you can take a paci away when they're older, but not a thumb, etc... I say most kids need braces anyway and I would prefer that he self sooth rather than rely on us to find his paci and insert it for him.  Makes for a much more laid back baby, hopefully, and we'd work on breaking the habit when it's time.  I was a thumbsucker and, although I remember it being hard to break the habit, I did not go to school sucking my thumb and I also seem to have turned out just fine.  And, yes, I did have some crazy buck teeth, but nothing braces didn't fix! :)  If he doesn't end up being a thumbsucker, that's, obviously, fine, too.  It's not like anyone has much control over this.  I just wanted to note my opinion on the matter, as everyone seems to have one.

1 comment:

Mrs. Montjoy said...

He is getting so big! Either way- passy or thumb, its hard for them to break the habbit!