Where does the time go!!!??? Jake is ONE MONTH OLD today! I just CANNOT believe it! It really does seem like yesterday that I found out I was pregnant and now he's a month old?! Wow.
He's eating 3 1/2oz every 2 1/2 or 3 hours during the day and is waking up every 2 (MAYBE 3 if we're lucky) during the night. He is spending more and more time awake and he loves going on walks and rides. He's not really much for just laying down and observing things while he's awake for more than about 5 minutes. He's easily bored, it seems.
He likes to be swaddled, especially at night. We tried all kinds of swaddles (regular swaddle blankets, velcro swaddles, zipper swaddle with velcro wings) and he worked his little arms out of each one in his sleep and his startle reflex would eventually wake him up. I finally found a swaddle that works, it zips his whole body in and he looks like a little peanut!
He loves lifting his head and pushing up with his feet. If he's on the floor on his tummy, he'll use his feet, knees, and arms to scoot a few inches. Very strong.
Jake has been such a joy and blessing to our lives and I cannot imagine being without him. Everyone said I'd forget what life was like before motherhood, and now I'm starting to get it.
Every day is a surprise and every day he is changing in so many ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment