I have a feeling I'll be saying these words a lot, but I can't believe my baby is two weeks old! His little face changes every day and he is just such a joy. Although he wakes up at least every two to three hours to eat in the night, he sleeps in between, for the most part, so that's good. So far, he is not a terribly fussy baby. He pretty much only cries if he's hungry, has a dirty diaper, or wants to be held. (or when we change his diaper or clothes...he HATES this) His favorite spot is against my chest which I love.
He still has a head full of hair which is auburn, especially in the sunlight. This might be the only trait of mine he inherited! ;) I hope it won't fall out, but if it does, that's, of course, ok, too. He is John made over which I also love. Who knows though, maybe he'll get my green eyes, too. We'll see in a few months!
He is eating a solid two ounces every two - three hours around the clock, but for the past several days, he's been hungry sometimes at the one hour mark. It's too early for a schedule so I just feed him on demand. I am still pumping and giving him breastmilk during the day and formula at night. Sometimes, I can get him to nurse, but not often. It's more of a bonding experience than anything and hopefully it'll help keep my milk supply up.
His cord hasn't fallen off yet, but it's literally hanging on by a thread which thoroughly grosses John out!
He is still sleeping a lot during the day, but he is awake more and more. He just stares around and soaks in his surroundings. He doesn't like to be on his back unless it's at night and he's swaddled, so I am trying to figure out how to engage him and play with him while he's awake. Hard to engage when he's snuggled against me, but oh well for now. He likes his bouncy seat and swing which is great because it allows me to get stuff done around the house and to rest myself (sometimes).
His two week check up is Thursday and I can't wait to get his stats and, of course, I have a list of questions a mile long to ask the Dr.
I am going to have to come up with a more organized way to blog his weekly info so I don't just ramble like this! haha! And I'm also going to have to come up with a better picture system, like a comparison of some sort. Maybe next week...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
He is NOT two weeks already!!! It seems like only two DAYS ago that we sat in that waiting room all day(and night) waiting on Jake's arrival!
So happy that you're feeling good and enjoying every single little breath he takes!
See you SOON!
I LOVE YOU!!!
I love that picture of the two boys! How sweet!
Post a Comment