I was in shock and it was so surreal. I was walking (easier than getting my car and finding a parking spot and it's right next door) by myself to check into the hospital with no bags, no nothing, and about a 7% charge on my cell phone battery. I was actually very calm. I called John, who didn't answer, so I called Karen who said he was out in the field and asked if she needed to get him. I said yes, and she knew what that meant. I called Shelby to let her know and to ask her to call the rest of the family while I waited for John to call me back. He called back and I gave him a quick update and he was on his way to the house to get my bags and head to the hospital.
Meanwhile, I was sent up to Maternal Assessment for further monitoring. There, the contractions really kicked it up a notch. That was around 1:45 or 2pm and I was in the OR by 4pm.
Dr. Green (I love her) delivered Hamp at 4:32. I have to say that, this time around, everything from the anesthesia to the recovery was so much better. Not that it was all terrible with Jake, but this time I didn't have 16 hours of labor to contend with on top of it all. Much better.
I am so glad Hamp made things interesting by deciding to come a couple of days sooner than expected. In fact, that morning in the shower after a bad contraction, I said out loud to him, "Alright, Hamp. What do ya say we go ahead and get this show on the road.". Turns out, he listened!
Hampton Sloan Estill
born March 23, 2015 at 4:32pm
8lbs 7 1/2oz
22 inches long
He is perfect in every way and we are so in love. He kept his face a mystery the whole pregnancy, never even letting us get a profile shot, so that made it extra special when they lifted him above the curtain for me to see when he was delivered. BEAUTIFUL. His little chin is edible and he could not be cuter if he tried. He looks a little like Jake's baby pics, but not a whole lot. He definitely has his own, handsome look.
![]() |
| my whole world |
![]() |
| me and my precious, precious sons |













No comments:
Post a Comment