He is taking 3oz of breast milk every 3 hours during the day. Sometimes even every 1 or 2 hours. He has had a few very hungry days this week. Nights vary from up every 1.5-2 hours to an occasional 4 hour stretch. He is getting formula most nights during the night, but sometimes breast milk. I am nursing him about twice a day. He is not a very efficient nurser, as it seems it's a sedative for him. He falls fast asleep every time and I can't get him awake enough to eat a whole lot. It's sweet. I just let him nurse/sleep as long as he wants and then give him a bottle afterwards whenever he gets hungry.
At night between feedings, he usually settles down pretty quickly, but there are nights when nothing will do except to hold him (it's either that or go in a million times to put the pacifier back in). A lot of times, if he wakes up between 4 and 5am, I'll feed him and then put him in his swing in the den. He sleeps better there, so I know i'll get a couple of hours out of him. I am tempted sometimes to just let him sleep all night in it, but I'm a stickler for a baby sleeping in his crib. I feel like if you put in the work in the beginning, then chances are good you won't have sleep issues later. This could be totally wrong, but it worked for Jake so I'm going with it. I don't think you do babies any favors by not teaching them that their crib is a safe place where they belong.
At night between feedings, he usually settles down pretty quickly, but there are nights when nothing will do except to hold him (it's either that or go in a million times to put the pacifier back in). A lot of times, if he wakes up between 4 and 5am, I'll feed him and then put him in his swing in the den. He sleeps better there, so I know i'll get a couple of hours out of him. I am tempted sometimes to just let him sleep all night in it, but I'm a stickler for a baby sleeping in his crib. I feel like if you put in the work in the beginning, then chances are good you won't have sleep issues later. This could be totally wrong, but it worked for Jake so I'm going with it. I don't think you do babies any favors by not teaching them that their crib is a safe place where they belong.
He likes a pacifier and will occasionally find his thumb during the day (because he's not swaddled).
He has a little bit of cradle cap (no scales yet, just oily bumps that have spread to his face). I read that the Honest Company Healing Balm can work wonders for this, so I'm going to give it a try. It doesn't bother him in the least, but I'm going to try to clear it up if I can. He's still gorgeous, though, honestly, if I do say so myself.
He seems pretty gassy, but I think all babies are, I guess. He makes the cutest faces and is such a cuddle bug. I am enjoying our week days alone together so much. If I didn't have to pump, I swear I'd probably never put him down on those days.
Jake loves Hamp so much and would be touching him all day if he could. Part of this is love, and part of it is testing ol' Mama to her ever loving limits. I have to constantly remind myself that he's only little and to give him grace.
Hamp is still sleeping pretty much all day between feedings, but we're doing tummy time more and more. He actually rolled over the other day from front to back. He hasn't done it since, but I'm impressed!






No comments:
Post a Comment