He is drinking 4 oz of breast milk every 3 hours (sometimes 2) during the day and 3 oz of formula during the night (every 2 hours or so). He has slept for a few 4 hour stretches, but they are rare at night. He nurses once or twice a day, but not really to fill up. I'm feeing him on demand for now. I weighed him a few days ago and he's over 10 lbs now, so he's fattening up which is good!
I'm using his newborn diapers during the day because we have so many and I don't want them to go to waste. He's in size 1's at night.
He gets a bath every 2 or 3 days. Soon, I'll start nightly baths to establish more of a bed time routine. He hated the first couple, but he's starting to be more calm during bath.
He fusses when he's hungry or wants to be held, but isn't usually fussy for no reason (at least not yet).
He is very gassy and has reflux, but zantac seems to be helping the reflux some. He is very noisy and grunty for a little while after each time he eats. A pacifier will calm him down usually.
He had some pretty bad newborn acne, but it's clearing up. I don't know if it was the Honest healing balm or if it's just doing it on it's own. Hopefully it won't flare back up.
He caught a little cold from Jake and has been sniffly, but doesn't seem to feel bad.
He does not like to be held on his back. He likes laying on your chest.
I have not been very aggressive about tummy time or pushing for a schedule with him like I did with Jake at this point. I will soon, but I am really trying to soak up the newborn stage and I know he'll meet milestones when he's ready whether I push him or not. Difference between first and second time mom, I guess. He did roll over from front to back one day last week, but hasn't done it since. It's very early, so it will come.
He is starting to make a little more eye contact and is a little more aware of things every day. He's really just so, so sweet and makes the sweetest faces you've ever seen.
His (little bit of) hair looks brown, but in the light it almost has a copper color to it. Very pretty. Will we have another ginger? :) We shall see!! His complexion is still dark, but so was Jake's at this point. It's such a waiting game to see what they're going to look like. I definitely feel Hamp looks like John, especially his mouth and nose. His other features look like my dad to me.
He discovered the ceiling fan yesterday and stares at it a good bit. :)
He is SO sweet

1 comment:
Oh my.....can't get much sweeter than that!
HUGS AND KISSES
Post a Comment