I've read in several places that right around two there is a huge language explosion and that has been so true for Jake. "They" say an average two year old has about 100 words. This is a list of the Jake's words. There are 110 that I could think of off the top of my head.
I'm telling you, he learns a new one every single day. It's so amazing. And to think, I was so worried about his language development just a few months ago.
mine (my)
down
up
go
stop (dah)
shoe
shirt (show)
snack (nah)
bed (bee)
ride (ri)
want (uh)
please (pee)
thank you (da doe)
spoon (moon)
sorry (sah eee)
puppy
baby
juice (joo)
walk (wah)
door
bye bye
hey
hello (woe)
sock (gah)
block (gah)
bike (bie)
eat
high - high chair
yogurt (yo)
raisin (rae)
feet (fee)
teeth (tee)
boo boo
pee pee
wee wee
arm (awm)
head (hee)
eye
nose (no)
no
ear (ooh)
mouth (mou)
food
bee beep - trucks/tractors
choo choo
plane (pay)
ducky (gocky)
ouch (ow)
hoots
boat (bow)
knock knock
outside (sigh)
truck (tuh)
see
night night (nigh nigh)
back (bah)
slide (sigh)
wee
ok
yes (sah, yeah)
eight
nine (nigh)
ten (tee)
two
all done (ahh no)
all gone (go go)
mommy/mama
daddy/dada
kiki
poppy
nana
papa
manning (me)
lily (yiy)
annie (ee)
luke (ooo)
bea
griffin (fiffi)
ball
tv (tee)
toodles (too uh)
uh oh
book (nigh, buh)
bath (baa)
bubbles (buh)
balloon (boo)
bailey (bay)
potty (pie)
door
doge
jake
phone (woe)
hot (hah)
yay
wow
why
stuck (duh)
shhh quiet (shhh kie)
shirt
pig (pee)
bear (beh)
on (oh) as in shoe on
ready (raay)
set (see)
banana (na)
hiney
whoah
cheese
fast (faa)
He is also able to follow directions (when he wants to) and understands so much more than he can say. I'm always surprised when I throw a new direction at him on the off chance that he'll understand and he does it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment