My dear Jake,
You are TWO years old and it's been a BIG year! Watching you learn and grow into yourself is completely amazing and I can't imagine my life without you in it, sweet one. Every day, I fall more in love with you and I think my heart will just burst by the time you're grown! You are happy, sweet, determined, and FUNNY! You LOVE to make us laugh, and I LOVE that about you! A sense of humor is one of the most important things in this unpredictable life, and you certainly have one all your own! People always comment about how happy you are, and I pray you'll always be. You have your moments, to be sure, but you are truly a jolly little one.
For all your sweetness, you are also a tester! You test your (and our) limits daily, just like a two year old should. I pray that I can be the patient and consistent mother you need and deserve.
You are growing up so fast, and I am holding onto your toddlerhood for dear life! I don't ever want to forget that you say "da doe" instead of "thank you", or the excited way you run, or the way you believe with your whole heart that my kisses make your boo boo's feel instantly better. But, alas, these things will pass, and I know you will find new ways to charm your adoring Mama.
May your heart and humor guide you and may your conscience be loud and clear as you grow, and always.
I love you right up to the moon and aaaalllll the way back home. Again, and again, and again.
Mama

No comments:
Post a Comment