You are everything a two year old should be; loud, boisterous, sweet, messy, and ACTIVE! You are into everything and are curious about so much. You are happy, funny, and easy going, but it's never a secret what's on your mind. If you're glad, we know it, and if you're not, you make sure we know that, too. Overall, though, you're pretty laid back. You play well on your own and with others and you aren't thrown off too much by changes in your schedule.
You at two:
33.4 lbs - 93rd percentile
36 1/2 inches tall - 91th percentile
Sizes - 3T/4T clothes, size 8 shoe, and size 6 diapers.
Schedule - You wake up around 6:30/6:45 and have breakfast shortly afterwards. You sometimes have a morning nap when you're home around 9 and a snack when you wake up. Lunch is around 12 and then you have an afternoon nap. Snack around 3:30, supper at 5:30/6, bath, then bed by 6:30 or 7pm.
Potty - Ms. Bea puts you on the potty, but I only do when you say you have to go "boo Boo". Otherwise, I don't feel you're quite ready. When you start preschool, they'll begin the real training with your whole class.
Favorite foods - You're a little more picky these days, but some of your favorites are fruit of any kind, spaghetti, pretzels, pb & j, yogurt, cheese, and eggs.
Favorite things - anything outside, balls, closing doors, making us laugh, eating, taking rides on the farm, books, strolling around the neighborhood, sliding at the park, Bubble Guppies, lining things up and "counting" them, putting smaller things inside bigger things, stacking things, watching planes in the sky (the "kie"), playing in the bed with Mama and Daddy, your left thumb, and Hoots.
Nicknames - Jake Jake, Jakie, Sugar Lump, Billy Goat (mommy)
What people comment the most about you - your big blue eyes, how CUTE you are, the color of your hair (strawberry blond, now, and getting less and less strawberry), how happy you are, how much you look like Mama.
Your favorite friend - Griffin (Fiffi)
Your "chores" - putting your clothes in the hamper, putting your dishes in the sink, helping me feed Annie, and putting away your toys before bed and before you leave for school. your cooperation varies, but I'm working on it)
I can barely keep up with your language growth these days. You are saying new words every day and are saying some two word phrases, too. It's so nice to be able to communicate two ways!
There are so many fun and cute things about you at this age. The way you run is about the cutest thing I've seen. You pick your feet up really high which makes you bounce and you just always look so excited! You have the cutest ways of pronouncing words and you are really doing a great job of using your manners. You say please, thank you, and excuse me (sheee) when you burp. We're working on consistency with these and also on "yes ma'am/no ma'am and yes sir/no sir. I know this will take a while, but I just want you to hear it a lot so you start saying it eventually.
I am over the moon excited about you starting preschool soon. You are learning at record pace right now, and this change is going to be so good for you.
I am so very proud of you, sweetheart! Happy birthday!
![]() |
| Jake loves his birthday present! |
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment