8/12/13

20 years today

I can't believe it's been 20 years since we lost my Mama.  This is not really an anniversary we dwell upon, just one that we acknowledge with each other with an, "I love you", but 20 years...wow.

She was 40 when she passed away.  Her girls were 15 and (almost) 12.  Now in our 30's, Shelby and I have both talked about what a strange feeling it is to approach the age she was when she died.  Again, not something we dwell on, just discuss sometimes, especially now from a mother's perspective.

I'm so thankful for her legacy, her love, for wonderful memories, and for trust in God's perfect plan for us.

this is her just a few weeks before she died, at her 40th birthday party in July

2 comments:

lasttwin said...

Thinking about you both today tons! These anniversary days are never easy but I know your mama has to be so proud of you both! Jake is such a cutie pie.

Love,

Sarah Lucas

Hanna said...

Thanks, Sarah! :)