The following post is sponsored by: Jake. The boy who has forgotten how to sleep.
I have always loved alone time. I not only enjoy it, I need it. We all do. Choosing to marry and start a family means that alone time is substantially reduced if not completely diminished.
Now that I'm back working from home 2 days a week, I guess I, technically, have some alone time, but it's spent working and, well, at home, which means that, everywhere I look, I see something that needs to be done. I wouldn't trade my life for anything in this world, but a little alone time (i.e. uninterrupted sleep), could do me a world of good right about now.
I'm sure I should be fantasizing about a romantic night away with my sweet husband (and I wouldn't turn one down!), but what I find myself longing for these days is a one night stay in a nice hotel, sans husband and child, all ALONE. No phone calls allowed, except for emergencies (getting stinky on something is not an emergency).
And, ahhhhhh, the freedom to wake up at whatever time my body decides it's finally had enough sleep. ALONE.
Man! I've just about talked myself into it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment