Jake has another ear infection (left ear). He has not been himself for over a week now. He never shows signs typical of ear infections, so, unfortunately, I didn't know. He's still been happy, but he hasn't slept very well, he isn't as hungry, and he's run a fever or two (last night it was 102). At first I thought he was just teething and maybe about to have a big milestone (which can cause babies not to sleep as well, etc...) But after a few more days, I just had a feeling it was something else and then last night's fever confirmed it. I think the teething and growing still may be partly to blame for some of his being out of sorts, but most of it was because of the ear infection. This makes his 4th one (5th if you count the double ear infection as two). (and all have been within 2 months)
He keeps getting them because he is CONSTANTLY stuffy and congested, so it drains into his ears. Upping his Zantac hasn't helped the congestion as we thought it would, so Dr. Bagley prescribed Singulair, an allergy medicine. I really, really hope this will work. Fingers crossed.
Poor little thing needs a break and I just feel horrible for him.
3/15/12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment