I am no sports fanatic. I grew up playing and watching them, my parents and sister were all college athletes, and, once upon a skinnier body, I would have even considered myself to be pretty athletic. I can't count how many times we watched Michael Jordan's documentary, Come Fly With Me, but I do know that I cried every single time. BUT I don't get excited about upcoming seasons of anything and watching sports on tv doesn't appeal to me one bit unless it's a really good game. I am a Clemson fan because I grew up going to every home football game and because some of my most favorite childhood memories are of going, but you could hold a gun to my head right now and I wouldn't be able to name even one player on the team.
My time dutifully watching sports with my husband is spent asking questions like, "Ooh, don't you like their new uniforms?" and "Can you believe we're older than they are? They're so big!" and "What does that mean?". Rather annoying, I'm positive.
Given my general apathy, you might not understand why I LOOOOOOVE the Olympics. I mean LOVE them. Always have. Growing up, we would always make a really big deal over them. (I guess there really wasn't much of a choice since there were only 4 tv channels, but still.)
I love the pure competition of it. Competition with American teammates, competion with other nations, and, most admirably and difficult, competition with self. These athletes have dedicated their lives to chasing their dreams with blood, sweat, and tears and there is really nothing more satisfying than watching them fight for their hard earned metals.
The countdown is on! July 27th is just around the corner!!!!!
I am such a dork!!!!!!!
7/1/12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment