2/23/12

Jake - 6 Months

Half a YEAR?!  This time flying business has got. to. stop! 
Jake, you are the happiest baby! You smile at pretty much anyone that looks at you because you're such a ham, but Daddy and I get the biggest grins.  You are showing definite signs of attachment, especially to me.
- You are very laid back. 
- You are very tough, too.  Even when you don't feel good, you just smile through it.
- You are very curious and look around at everyone and everything.
- You babble a lot.  (da da da, ma ma ma, ga ga ga, ba ba ba)
- Your giggle is the sweetest sound on Earth.
- you have two teeth (half teeth)
- You weigh 20lbs 11oz (92%) and are 28 1/4in long (95%)
- you are in size 12m and 18m clothes and size 3 diapers
- you take 5 6-7oz bottles a day
- You still nap 3 or so times a day. Usually one long and two hour long ones. This can vary.
- you go to bed at 7pm and wake up between 6 and 7am. YAY!
- Your baby hair is being replaced with new, more coarse hair (it's red, too!).  Wonder if this means you'll have curly hair like me?  There are still a few looong strands of your "baby" hair left and I just can't bring myself to cut them even though they make you look kind of like Donald Trump sometimes.
- Now that you're 6 months old, I will start you back on some solids.  (I gave you some at 4 months, but your tummy couldn't quite process them yet even though you like the way all of them taste.)
- You love your exersaucer, swing, and bumbo.  You also try to put anything that comes near you in your mouth.   Your favorite thing to chew on is your sophie giraffe.
- You like to bang your fists on things and make funny noises with your mouth.
- You are not really into hate sitting up.  I know you can do it because you've done it a few times just for a few seconds, you just don't like to. You just fall throw yourself backwards. That's ok.  You'll get there in your own time.
- A few times, I've left the carrier in the car and just carried you without it.  This works well depending on where we are.  Carrying you in that thing is just too much now!
- If you've gone awhile without pooping, we can leave you in your exersaucer for a little while and, 95% of the time, it makes you go. 
- If I was only allowed one word to describe you, it would be sweet.  You are so, so sweet.  There's just something about that face of yours that can light up the whole world.  And the way you melt us with your eyes...  You are a special little boy and I'm so proud to be your mama.

This year is going by way too fast,  but I am so excited about all the wonderful things to come.  I love you right up to the moon and all the way back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love that precious thing! Who wouldn't melt at that face!