Hamp's 6 month check up was this morning and went very well.
He is developmentally right on track and actually sat up for the first time in the dr's office while we were waiting on Dr. Trey to come in. He sat for 10 or 15 seconds at a time before tipping over (with me catching him), so that's great!
The only question I really had going in was about how much (or little) Hamp eats. He rarely takes a full bottle anymore and isn't really interested in more than about 1/2 container of baby food in the morning and at night. He might average about 25oz a day of breast milk/formula. Dr Trey said that is a great number and that he could even go as low as 12oz a day (WHAT?!) without concern now that we're introducing more solids. He wasn't concerned at all, especially since he's gaining and growing at a great, steady rate. I feel better about it now.
This served as a great reminder to me that every baby is different. Jake would have taken 50+ oz a day at that age if I had let him and he loved solids.
He is congested, so Dr. Trey gave us a decongestant, which I hope will work. He thinks the congestion is probably why Hamp's been waking up more at night.
He did well with his shots, only crying until I picked him up.
weight: 18lbs 8oz - 65%
length: 28 inches - 92%
head circumference: 17.6in - 83%
9/30/15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment