9/2/14

Baby E # 2 from the top

The test(s):
I was expecting my period Saturday, 7/26. I usually have very noticeable symptoms for about a week before starting, but felt nothing that week.
We planned to visit my parents in Greenville Saturday, so I decided to take a pregnancy test "just in case" since wine consumption is usually high during those visits.  I honestly didn't expect it to be positive so I was totally shocked when it was.  I ran to the store to get a digital one that actually says "pregnant" or "not pregnant" because I needed this proof in plain English instead of the two lines vs one line nonsense of the other kind and I suspected that John might, too.

Telling John:
Shortly after he got home from work, I gave Jake the test stick and a note that said "shhh...I'm going to be a big brother" and asked him to take it to Daddy in the other room.  He was totally shocked, of course! (And Jake has no clue.  We plan to keep it that way for a while, but I cannot wait to tell him!) I was 4 weeks 2 days on the day I took the test. 


Telling the grandparents:
We gave my parents the news during our visit and stopped by the farm on the way home Sunday to let John's know.  They are all VERY excited!

Symptoms:
This pregnancy is sort of kicking my tail compared to last time.  I'm nauseated most days all day and nothing sounds good.  Some days I can eat, but can't hold anything down.  I was queezy last time but didn't get sick.  Ginger/peppermint tea is helping some as are gummy prenatal vitamins.  I am wiped of all energy too.  I'm sure I'll feel better in a few weeks. It could definitely be worse and it goes without saying that it is all worth it.  I already can't button my jeans, so its true what they say about your uterus growing faster in subsequent pregnancies!  


First prenatal appointment, 8/25:
Waiting around for a month to see the doctor was nerve racking, but it went very well. The baby's heart was beating at 176 beats per minute. Very strong!  I couldn't be happier for a good report on little baby E and I can't wait for our next visit on 9/16 at 12 weeks!  
Here he/she is!!  So sweet.



I'm pretty sure the few of you who read my blog already know we're expecting. We are planning to keep this all within close family/friends until after the first trimester. We don't plan to tell Jake for a couple more months, either. He wouldn't understand if something, God forbid, were to happen, and it might be easier for him to understand when I'm showing more.  
Due date of April 1st!!  I'm 10 weeks (tomorrow), so just 2 or 3 more weeks and we'll be sharing with everyone.  Please help us keep this secret until then.

I think I'll take this opportunity to apologize to the little peanut in advance for what I'm sure will be much less frequent blog posts than with my pregnancy with Jake. It's definitely not that I love you any less.  I just don't have the extra time that I had back then! :)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! love April babies !!!

Rachael said...

This is fantastic news Hanna!! I am so happy for yall and praying your morning sickness passes soon!! I know its pains all too well. (And mums the word...got it!)

Hanna said...

thanks, y'all! :)