3/31/13

Well, happy (?) Easter!

Jake has a croupy cough, a very runny nose, and to say that he's fussy is more than an understatement.  He was clearly not up for going anywhere and we didn't want to subject the poor nursery workers and children to whatever he might have or his fussiness, so we skipped church...ON EASTER.  John's parents made lunch reservations at Capstone for us all and we're skipping that, too, as we don't want to make anyone there sick (or deaf).  I was really looking forward to that!  (we think it's probably just allergies bothering Jake, but you never know)

I am having a little bit of a moment about it all.  We had Jake all dressed and he looked like a little Easter angel, truly.  I had in my head a beautiful church service, a great lunch, and then priceless Easter pictures afterwards, and none of that is happening now.  I even forgot to make the Easter Bunny give Jake a kiss (with powdered sugar) before leaving, which I just cried about.  Guess I'm being a fussy baby right along with Jake, huh?

Well, it's a good thing today is about much, much more than a cute Easter outfit, a bunny, or a snotty nose, which will heal.
It's about our Risen Savior who has already forgiven me for my lack of perspective this morning.

Happy Easter, one and all! 

No comments: