Jake's check up Wednesday, 3/6, went well. He is right on target with milestones and growth.
Stats
weight: 29.2 lbs - 85% (his sheet said 25.5lbs/42%, but I saw the scale when they weighed him and it was 29.2 so I got the percentile calculator from an online ped. site. The guy must have written it down wrong. Plus that would have been less than he weighed at his 15 month check, which isn't possible, trust me)
height: 32.8 inches - 61%
head circ: 19.5 inches - 89%
Dr. Emery said that, by 2, children are pretty much in the percentiles they'll be for life, so it'll be interesting to see what his 2 year stats will be. Since neither John nor I are very tall, it makes sense that he's slowed down in the height category.
Stomach bug
Now keep in mind that this 29.2 lb is after a stomach bug that started on Sunday for Jake. He vomited a couple of times Sunday and then had diarrhea for the next several days. He had a 102 fever Sunday and Monday. His appetite is just now getting back to normal. As always, he was such a trooper even though he didn't feel well. He was just extra cuddly, which is always good. I was out of work with him Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday, he went to Bea's, but still had some "explosions" so, Thursday, he went to work with John and his mom and dad kept him that day and night because I came down with the same bug. I was able to work from home and am so thankful that John's mom and dad kept Jake to let me get some "rest". (as much as rest is possible with a stomach virus)
Even though he did get sick towards the end of the stretch, it didn't require a visit to the doctor. This means that, for the first time, Jake has made it from check up to check up without a single sick visit in between!!! This is huge!! YAY!
3/8/13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment