Jake had another rough Sunday. Started out with blood dripping from his ear, goopy eyes, and a fever. We saw Dr. Emory and he confirmed the pink eye and an ear infection. Not long after we got home from the doctor's office, Jake tripped and busted his lip. At Kiki and Poppy's last night before dinner, he opened the refrigerator door and a can fell out and hit him in the face. THEN, at dinner, he leaned too far forward, and his booster seat fell right off of his chair and he busted the other side of his face on the leg of the table. tough day for ol' Jakey, but he was so sweet and you would never have known he didn't feel good.
and
Ms. Bea hasn't had to change a poopy diaper for Jake in a while because, as I've mentioned, she tracks his schedule and sits him on the potty until he goes. I haven't bothered with that because I haven't felt like he's been ready, but, lately, he's started telling us when he's made a stinky in his diaper by patting his bottom and saying, "boo boo". (not sure why he calls it that, since we don't and neither does Bea, but it is cute).
Yesterday, he patted his bottom and said, "boo boo" to John. He checked the diaper and there was no stinky, so he put him on the potty and HE MADE A STINKY! That is huge since he knew before hand that he had to go. He had several more in his diaper yesterday, but this is a huge sign of readiness. So, I guess we'll get into real potty training mode around here now!
Yay Jake!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow!! Go jake!!! That is so impressive for such a young guy still!! (And poor buddy on all his bumps and bruises!! I didn't know ear infections could bleed!!)
Post a Comment