11/20/12

ticka ticka

I worry sometimes about Jake's language development because he doesn't consistenly use words or attempt to mimic our words, but I was thinking this morning about all he is doing lately and I am choosing, for now, not to worry.  He is just fine.

- He follows simple commands.   If we ask him to go get a specific toy or ask him where it is, he will go get it and bring it to us.  Same with milk or water. 
- If I say "it's time for a bath" or "let's brush our teeth", he walks to the bathroom.
- I taught him a fish face the other day and now he'll do it on command.
- He started waving bye again (stopped for a while), though he's not saying it.
- He looked at me the other morning while I was feeding him breakfast and said, "mama".
- He says uh-oh (a lot)
- If I tell him to give me a kiss he'll say "mmmmaaa" if he's across the room.  If I'm holding him, he'll put his open mouth on my mouth.  wet kisses from him are the best.
- A dog says "oo. oo."
and my favorite
- if I ask him where his belly button is, he'll point to his tummy and say "ticka ticka" i think because it reminds him of being tickled.

No comments: