Jake has always been a great napper. I subscribe to the old saying "the more they sleep, the more they sleep", so I have never discouraged him from taking any nap, no matter what time of day and I've never kept him up later due to long or late naps. I always put him down for a nap at the first or second signal of being sleepy. With the exception of some periodic sleep regressions during which he wakes up crying/whining for some snuggles in the night, this has worked for him.
I call this (above picture) nap his supper nap, a term I stole from my sister. This is the only nap he doesn't take in his crib. (I do think it's too close to bed time to get too cozy in the crib.) This is usually from about 5:30 to 6:30. It does cut down on the time we spend together at night, but he needs this nap and I know it won't be long before he drops it.
I can't even say how much we have used and loved this swing. Poor ol' thing creeks and won't even swing while he's in it unless you give it a good jump start (he's on the very cusp of the 25lb weight limit). It will, no doubt, break my heart when we have to pack it up and store it away.
He's so cozy even though he hangs over it. I love watching my sweet baby sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This term was actually coined by Frankie's good friend, Mrs. Carol, who raised 4 BOYS! Her youngest used to take a "supper nap" as she called it and I thought that was such a cool term:)
Adaline's bouncie chair is feeling the same pains...and I had Angel replace the batteries in her swing only to realize it wasn't the batteries keeping it from swinging at its normal speed. :)
Post a Comment