4/23/12

Jake - 8 Months

  • You are learning new things EVERY day!  My favorite thing right now is the look on your face when you're interested in a word I'm saying to you.  You just stop what you're doing, mouth and eyes wide open, eyebrows very concerned, staring at my lips.  You're just soaking it all in.  You especially like when I tell you the noises animals make.
  • You think the funniest thing is when "I'm gonna get you!"  Your giggle is infectious.
  • You're in mostly 18month clothes.  Some 12 months fit, but some are too tight.  You wear some 24 months loosely, too.
  • You're in size 4 diapers (and size 5 at night)
  • You go to bed at 7 and wake up around 6:30.  (This is an average.   Sometimes, you go through stages when you wake up once in the night and want to snuggle)
  • You take a bottle every 4 hours (7oz for the first 3 and 8oz for bed time bottle)
  • You nap 3 (sometimes 4) times a day.  Some are only an hour, but some are 2 or more.  A lot of times, you take a supper nap in your swing between solid supper at 5:30 or 6 and bedtime bottle at 7.
  • You have fruit for breakfast, a fruit or vegetable for lunch, and a vegetable for supper.
  • I have given you water in a straw sippy cup and a regular sippy cup.  You're catching on to both at about the same pace.  You're getting good and it won't be long before you're a pro.
  • You have two teeth.  I keep thinking that your top two will come in at any time because you are drooling so much and teething on EVERYTHING.  In your eyes, nothing is too big to try to put in your mouth.
  • You're sitting very well and are showing a lot of interest in crawling, but you haven't quite figured out that your legs and arms have to work together to do it or that you can't crawl with your head to the ground.  Watching you try is so fun (but tough to watch when you're frustrated) and you're really are trying so hard.  You'll get there and I am in no hurry.
  • You are LOVING books these days.  You like to look at me while I'm reading and then look at the book.  You seem to be putting together that what I'm saying has something to do with the book.  But mostly you just like to chew on them....a lot. 
  • Everywhere we go, people comment on your big, beautiful eyes.  They really are.  And a lot of people say, "Is he always this happy?"
  • On that note, yes, you are all around a very happy, content baby, but you do have quite the temper if you get too sleepy.  I do not like to have you out past your bed time.  Lately, you've been fussy because you're teething and are on the brink of some major milestones.  It will pass.
  • You have a real stubborn streak.  So do your daddy and I, so we get it. :)
  • You still love your thumb, but you don't suck it quite as much as you used to.
  • You love your exersaucer, but not for as long periods as you used to.  You are too busy to be confined like that even if you can't crawl quite yet.  You like your Johnny Jump Up a lot.
  • You like to sit on the floor and play with your toys.  You love to roll around, too, and try to crawl.  You also like to kick your leg on the floor to make a loud noise.  You have a few big balls that you like us to play with with you.
  • And you like when we blow bubbles for you.  Where do they go?
  • No matter what you're doing, you always make sure I'm there or that I see you.   I'll try to remember your need for my approval and affection in a couple of years when I'm sure you'll be doing the opposite. 
  • You're starting to get a little upset when I leave the room sometimes.  Sometimes you couldn't care less, but sometimes it's meltdown city.
  • Dressing you and changing your diaper is like wrestling an alligator.  You're just too busy and roll all around.  I have perfected the art of putting your clothes on from behind you when you're on your belly.
  • You love your mama and your daddy.  You light up when we're all 3 together and you look at both of us constantly to make sure we're watching you.
  • And no monthly update would be complete without mentioning just how very sweet you are.  Sweet Sweet Sweet Sweet Sweet.
i see a lot of my dad in this last picture!

No comments: