Jake's been running a fever on and off for a few days. He was burning up this morning (over 102), so John took him to see Dr. Bagley. I was sure it was yet another ear infection, but, thankfully, I was wrong.
He has Hand Foot and Mouth Disease. I did notice a few red spots on his bottom this morning that didn't appear to be diaper rash, but I just made a mental note to keep an eye on it and didn't think much of it. Now, I expect the spots to grow and spread over the next few days. Dr. Bagley said he has a few sores in his mouth which is how she made the diagnosis. He doesn't seem to be uncomfortable as long as we keep the fever down, so I hope the mouth sores don't get worse and make him feel bad. There's nothing we can do except give him motrin and tylenol for fever and any pain. We just have to ride it out. He's home with me today and may go to work with Daddy a few days this week since this is so contagious.
I'm SO glad his ears are clear!!
4/9/12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment