11/4/10

Manning and Me

I was lucky enough a couple of weeks ago to get to keep Manning for a long weekend while Shelby and Brad took Henry to Disney World.  I counted down the days for weeks before going down to Charleston and he didn't disappoint!  As we don't have any children of our own yet, I really didn't know what I was in for, but I went with an open mind and everything was just great.  Uncle John came down for a couple of days and helped out which was wonderful!  Manning really is the sweetest, happiest baby and I loved every minute of keeping him.  Now that I am familiar with his schedule, I find myself thinking about him at nap time and other times of the day!  I MISS HIM and even cried a little when I got home.

I was lucky enough to see Manning make his grand entrance into the world and even cut his umbilical cord, so I feel a special bond with him.  I can't tell you how glad I am to have had the opportunity to spend this one on one time together.  I appreciate Shelby and Brad trusting me with their precious little one and I'm glad Henry got to have some time with his parents and grandparents alone in DW! 

I love you, my little Mantini!!

2 comments:

Shelby said...

And we can't thank you enough for keeping our little/big boy! He LOVES his Aunt Hanna and so does his big bro!

Love you!

Cameron said...

so sweet!

p.s. i just realized that you are back to blogging...yay!!!

love you!