8/15/16

Jake goes to kindergarten

Bittersweet sums up this day pretty well.  Jake is READY for this next adventure.  He may be more nervous than he's let on because he can tend to hold those things pretty close, but I really think he is excited and ready! 
Walking in to the school this morning, I could feel the grip of his hand tighten around mine, but once we got into his classroom, he found his name and assigned center and settled in immediately.  I gave him a tight, tight hug and didn't want to let go, but pretty much had to when he asked, "When can I get out of this hug, Mama?" 
I think because he has been at "school" for so long, he doesn't really grasp the significance of Kindergarten yet.  And it makes me happy that he doesn't seem to anxious about a new teacher and not knowing anyone in his class.
 
I have shed some tears over the last week thinking about it, but was totally fine dropping him off this morning.  Mostly because of how calm he was.  I didn't cry until about 10:30 when I let it out for a little bit.
 
I had such a great feeling leaving this morning because I know he is in such a wonderful, wonderful school.
 
I can't WAIT to hear about his day. 
Jake's Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Griggs.  We are SO excited about her!
our air conditioner went out the day before school started so we spent the night at
the farm and got ready for school there. 

We, along with the Woods', worked hard to get these two into Rosewood. I am SO glad they're there!



No comments: