This Town Hall was for Donald Trump, Jeb Bush, and John Kasich. The one for Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and Ben Carson was held in Greenville the night before.
Even though none of the 3 we saw were getting my vote, I was more than thrilled to be a part of it all. It was amazing to see them in person and to see how these productions look from another perspective. Donald Trump was no more impressive in person than he is on TV. John Kasich was great in this format, but still didn't convince me. Jeb Bush had a much grander and confident presence in person than I'd observed in him on TV. It could have been that the Town Hall format is better suited for him (vs. debates) but I swear I think it's because he's so tall. Dumb, but true. Plus, his precious mother (THE Barbara Bush) was there. EEK! I die.
The event was held at the USC Law School and only a little over 200 people would get to go. We are so thankful to have had the chance to go. What an evening!
![]() |
| before we left the house |
![]() |
| getting mic'd up |
![]() |
| Anderson Cooper a few minutes before show time. He is very little. |
![]() |
| Barbar Bush received a standing ovation when she arrived and when she left. |
![]() |
| what a lady. |
![]() |
| The Donald (eye roll) |
![]() |
| My friend, Sally, and me with ANDERSON COOPER! I LOVE HIM! |
![]() |
| so we learned during the broadcast (via texts from family and friends) that I was on camera every time someone on our side of the auditorium asked a question. ha! |
My opinion on the election, because I'm sure you care (hee hee):
Since the very beginning of this election cycle, I have been 100% behind Marco Rubio. I, no joke, cried a little when he suspended his campaign. I am so disheartened that more Americans didn't see what I see in him. I hope and pray that his political days aren't over and that this is just a blip on his eventual road to the White House.
At the time of this blog, Ted Cruz and Donald Trump are the only real contenders left in the GOP race.
Ted Cruz, while a proven conservative, will absolutely not win a general election. He's too conservative for some and let's be honest. He has a face you'd like to punch if given the chance and he's just not likeable. Anyone on the fence would never fall on the Republican side of things if he's the candidate. No way in hell.
And Donald Trump? God help us. I understand the need people feel to steer clear of politicians and go for someone who "tells it like it is". I also get that he has a very keen business sense which could be great for our economy. (A lot of people fit this bill, by the way, but that doesn't mean they should be POTUS!) I cannot (CANNOT) move past his rhetoric. His ignorant rants are so void of substance that it is unimaginable to me how so many take him seriously enough to have voted for him all this time. I will truly never understand it. This is a race for PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and the front runner has NO.CLUE. what he's talking about. EVER. Ever. And he'll never win a general election either. He's too polarizing. I think he's unfairly portrayed as a racist and hate monger, but it can't be denied that his rallies and antics seem to be perfect breeding grounds for both, so it does scare me to think about what will happen if he were to ever be elected in terms of riots, further division of our country, etc... Again, I don't think it's his intent, despite what some liberals say, but the fact remains that he brings out the worst in a lot of really stupid people on both sides. And that's scary.
Poll after poll showed Rubio as the only candidate with with a good chance of winning the general. So why (WHY!?) did more people not vote for him? He's conservative, fiscally and socially. He's an absolute genious when it comes to foreign policy. And he cares about America and its future. He has 4 children, so he has a vested personal interest in making things right. He has common sense and an unmatched ability to work with people on both sides of the aisle in order to get the right things done for our country. But, alas, everything happens for a reason. Again, I'm hoping this has all been a part of a journey to the presidency for him.









No comments:
Post a Comment