12/29/15

The Tree House

Jake mentioned a few months ago that he wanted a play house for Christmas.  He's a little big (age and size) for a plastic playhouse and any of those big enough for him are stupidly expensive for a piece of plastic.


John suggested building one himself for Jake (and Hamp).  I agreed and he started focusing a lot on what he wanted it to look like.  He looked at a lot of pictures online and found one that we liked a lot and decided to roughly base ours on that. 


We know that, since it was being built right in our back yard, it couldn't be a Santa gift, so we told Jake it was a tool shed for John and kept him out of the back yard as much as possible during the process and out all together when the final touches began to take shape.  It worked out and he really was surprised.   It's still sinking in that it's his!




I have to say that it is beautiful (and better than the picture we saw).




And I also have to say that John is the only person I know who could look at a picture of something and create a live version that is not only beautiful to look at, but sturdier safer than you could imagine.




I might be a little proud.









And, of course, we appreciate Poppy's help so much!

Jake was eager to help John throughout the whole process, which we only allowed this one time.  He had no idea he was really helping with his own treehouse!




No comments: