Hamp had been fighting a cold for several days and his cough was getting deeper, so I decided to keep them both home Friday and take them to the doctor. (homey don't play during flu season.)
Jake tested positive for strep throat and also had an ear infection. I suspected an ear infection because a fever was always the only symptom of those for him, but I had forgotten that it's the only symptom of Strep he ever gets, too, so I hadn't even thought about that. He was given an antibiotic and is feeling better.
Dr. Trey heard wheezing when he listened to Hamp and didn't like his cough either. A blood test determined that whatever he has is viral so he prescribed a steroid for the cough and breathing treatments 3 times a day through the weekend. He didn't have any bad side effects from the steroid thankfully. Of course he hated the nebulizer, but that just is what it is. We kind of got used to it with Jake since he's had to use it so many times.
![]() |
| Hampton Estill - Destroying exam table paper since 3/23/15 |
![]() |
| he cried himself right to sleep after the first treatment. Poor little baby. |





No comments:
Post a Comment