11/23/15

Hamp - 8 months

Hamp is 8 months old!


Sleep, eating,


Eating - Hamp is not the best eater, but he's gotten better.  Sometimes he is so distracted and I have to force him to eat.  Sometimes he can't eat fast enough.  This is odd because he is not a small baby, so he's obviously getting what he needs.  Unlike his brother at his age, he never demands food before it's time, which is nice, but I feel like he would be a better night sleeper if he was a better eater during the day.
This is a typical day of eating:
- 7/7:30am - 6/7oz bottle (even if he woke up at 5am to eat, I always top him off at 7/7:30 so the rest of the day stays on schedule.)
- 9am - fruit (baby food)
- 11am - 8oz bottle
- 3pm - 8oz bottle
- 5:30pm - vegetable (baby food)
- 6:30pm - 8oz bottle with rice cereal in it

This month, I'll start giving him a solid food at lunch, too.


Naping/Sleeping (this is at home.  naps at school are much more sporadic)
- 9:15/9:30 - nap after solid breakfast - this is a long one, around 2+ hours
- 1pm - if he was able to finish his early nap without us waking him up to go somewhere, this will be a shorter nap, about an hour or so.  If he wasn't able to finish his early nap, this one will be longer.
- 4pm - shorter nap
- He has taken a little supper nap on my chest a few times this month, which I was happy for.  I miss that time.
- 6:30 - bed time bottle and crib.  He goes to sleep very easily.  Some nights, he sleeps 12 hours.  Some nights he wakes up between 3 and 4.  No matter what, he does go back to sleep after he wakes up as long as it's before 6am.  Thank goodness. 



Fun
-Hamp is SOOOOO close to crawling.  He is rocking on his knees but can't get but one foot behind him.  When he gets the second on in the right position he belly flops.  I feel like it'll be any day now.  He is rolling everywhere to get where he wants to go.
-He is never without something in his mouth. never. 
- Hamp's favorite activity is to sit on the floor surrounded by his toys.  Right now, his favorite thing to play with (gnaw on) is one of his Dr. Brown's bottle tops.
- He still plays in his exersaucer sometimes, but not a lot. 
- He loves chewing on the tags of his stuffed animals.
- He is babbling, but no consonants consistently.  Every once in a while, he'll make the "b" sound, but mostly it's ooooooh's and a funny creeky noise he likes to make with his throat.
- He still has just the one tooth.
- He can wear 9mo clothes, but he is mostly wearing 12/18mo because that's just what we have a lot of and it fits well.
- size 4 diapers and size 5 at night.
- He is laid back and has been a good sport about the fact that, often times, he doesn't get to finish his naps.  2nd child and all that.
- People always comment about his big beautiful eyes and his big grin.  And also how much he looks like John and I agree.
- He does not appreciate when I leave the room more and more and many times, he's more fussy if I'm not around.
- If I'm on the phone at home, you think I'm talking to you and you just grin at me while your eyes follow me all around the house while I pace and talk.  The sweetest.
- He started taking baths with Jake this month and they both LOVE it. 









No comments: