8/26/15

Hamp - 5 months

Hamp is 5 months old!

Hamp has 7oz of breastmilk every 4 (sometimes 3) hours during the day and 1 bottle of formula before bed.  I am kind of sporadically introducing new foods (stage 1 foods, one at a time, etc...)He has tried bananas, rice cereal, squash, pears, and watermelon.  He likes them all.  I am not pushing a schedule for the solids yet.  I am just going to introduce foods to him as he gets comfortable and then we'll start with more of a schedule with it around 6 months.

When home, he will take a good nap between each bottle.  At least two of his naps a day are about 2 hours long.  Naps at school are not quite as long, but still happen between each bottle.

Hamp experienced a sleep regression this month starting to wake up hungry once a night (usually between 2 and 4am).  He had a cold and woke up every few hours for a couple of nights, so I put him in his swing to help with the congestion. 

He is also teething pretty badly.  He is a drool machine and some days he just can't settle down because it hurts so much.  I give him Tylenol if needed and I also just got some hyland's teething tablets and baby orajel today.  Neither worked today, but we'll give it a try again.  He's fine when he doesn't need to be sleeping because he can just chew on something, but when it's time to nap or go to bed, he can't settle down.  I feel terrible for him.

For the most part though, he is getting back to sleeping 11-12 hours at night without waking.

He is as happy baby and loves to smile and talk.  (When not teething)


He enjoys his exersaucer and his swing very much.  He likes his bumbo too.  He's pretty content in any of these for a good amount of time which is helpful.

He is in 9m clothes and size 3 diapers (size 4 at night).

What a sweet, sweet boy!






No comments: