6/11/15

Hamp 12 weeks


This is a big day for Hamp!
He is 12 weeks old and went to "school" for the first time!

He takes 5oz of breast milk every 3 hours (sometimes 2) during the day and 6oz of added rice formula before bed around 7:30.  He'll wake up typically after 5-7 hours to eat (5oz breast milk).  A handful of times he has slept 9 hours straight!!!  If he wakes up before the five hour mark, I give him his pacifier and that usually carries him until at least five hours from when he first went down.  He usually goes back down easily after the middle of the night bottle and wakes up between 6:30 and 7am for the day.  He isn't super hungry when he wakes up, which is nice because it allows me to pump and tend to Jake while he "plays" for a little bit.  I bought a few level 2 bottle nipples and he is doing well with them.  It's helpful with the thick formula and with speeding up the middle of the night bottle. He is swaddled in a woombie for naps and bed time.  He no longer likes to sleep with his arms straight out.

He is having less and less of the Maalox, usually just needing the Zantac in the morning and before bed.  He is still pretty gassy and only poops every few days.  His gas will clear a room, but his poops don't smell too bad.  Because he doesn't go very often, it's usually a blowout situation when he does go.  Lots of laundry on those days (mine and his).


It's hard to say what color his eyes are.  I would say grayish, greenish or hazel, deepening on the light.  They might turn brown like John's.  His hair is coming back in and is brown.

I would like to take a bite out of his cheeks every day!!!

I found that he is ticklish sometimes on his jawbone right under his right ear.  He did a couple of little one syllable laughs the other day when I was doing it!  Love!!!

Likes: 
-when mommy gets him out of his crib in the mornings.  He is happiest in the mornings.
-people!  He loves to smile and talk!  He will follow you with his eyes and sometimes will turn his head towards noises he hears.  He has great eye contact once he catches you.
-laying on the bed and looking at the ceiling fan
-bath time
-diaper changes (except when hungry)
-being in the bjorn 
-his wubbanub pacifiers.  He sucks on his chubby hands sometimes, too. 

Dislikes: 
-settling down for sleep.  I think it's because of his reflux and gas. If I know he is tired, I have been letting him cry/fuss for 5 or 10 minutes.  He usually goes to sleep after this.  I know if I were to pick him up, I'd be depriving him of sleep and setting us up for a rough day or night.  (If he's squealing bad, I don't let him cry).  It SUCKS to hear your baby cry, but sometimes you just have to let them.  I'm just now feeling like he is old enough for a little bit of this.
- being full of poop.  He always feels so good after he goes.

Today is his first day of school.  It's so, so tough not being with him all day.  I can't even put into words how much I miss him and how unnatural it feels to be without him.
But I know he is in good hands.  I put him in the same sweet little outfit Jake wore on his first day.






No comments: