1/14/15

Hamp - 29 weeks

We're 29 weeks today and I had a busy OB appointment! I had the glucose tolerance test (fast starting the night before, drink gross sugary drink in lab and blood work an hour later), an ultrasound, and regular OB visit. 

 The ultrasound was scheduled to measure the growth of the uterine fibroid and, thankfully, it hasn't grown at all since last time. It's still around 7.2cm, which is big, but not growing into my uterus and not having any impact on Hamp at all. They even said it is likely to shrink after delivery. Hamp is looking GREAT! He is 3.1 lbs (58th %) and his head is big and measuring in the 95th %! Nothing to worry about, just might mean another big baby. Jake was 3.3lbs at this time (70th %). Hamp's heartrate was 144bpm today (Jake's was 128bpm during this same visit). Both are very normal. This little bogger, once again, refused to show us his face or even give a profile shot! We haven't been able to get a good shot this whole pregnancy! He wants his good looks to remain a mystery, I guess! He doesn't seem to care for ultrasounds, as he kicks wherever the tech is pressing and just plants his face toward my back every time. Shy or Stubborn? We shall see! :)

I am feeling well, but I'm having some pretty severe pubic bone pain.  Luckily, it's not constant and it will go away after delivery.  I'm pretty easily worn out and heartburn is really flaring up at night.  Nothing out of the norm and nothing to complain about.
I have only gained 10 pounds so far this time around. At 29 weeks with Jake, I had already gained 27 pounds. That goes to show what a difference having an older child to run around after makes! My blood pressure is good at 110/60 and we should find out the results of the glucose test in about a week. Hopefully, all is well there. 


From now until 36 weeks, I'll be seeing the doctor every two weeks (after that, it will be every week). At 32 weeks, we might be able to go ahead and put the c-section on the calendar. I have pretty much decided that I'll do a repeat c-section instead of trying for a vaginal delivery again. There are several reasons, but learning that Hamp's head is so big just might have tipped the scale even more. ha! But seriously, I just have a feeling it would be more of the same this time around and I'd rather not go through labor for hours and hours just to end up with a section anyway. Recovery should be easier (not that it was so bad last time) since my body won't be recovering from surgery on top of a long labor. Plus, with a c-section, you get 2 more weeks of maternity leave, and that is priceless to me. It will be scheduled with Dr. Jones for some time during the 39th week and, if I go into labor before that, then whoever is on call at the time will do the surgery. 


Words can't express how thankful I am for another uneventful pregnancy so far. There is nothing better than hearing that everything is on track with my sweet baby. I pray this continues to be the case. No more than 10 weeks to go!!

No comments: