But, most of the time, the good days far outweigh the bad and we all always at least TRY to remember that when, one day, the tantrums are behind us, gone, too, will be the big wet kisses, the completely blind love and trust in us, and all the other beautiful, innocence-laden things only babies and toddlers bring to the table.
Maybe it's because two is around corner, but I find myself drinking Jake up these days. Not that I haven't always, but lately I stare at him like he's a newborn. I'm just in awe of my little boy. I want to hold on to him forever and never let him go while simultaneously praying fiercely for his future happiness.
I read a book recently in which there was a line that read something like, "There is no smell on earth as intoxicating as that of your own child.". How true.
Sometimes he smells like baby lotion, sometimes like his shampoo, sometimes like sweat and dirt (my favorite), but he always smells like Jake. My billy goat. My Jake.

No comments:
Post a Comment