6/24/13

Jake - 22 months

My billy goat is 22 months old! 

he is learning new words every day!  sometimes, i'm the only one who can understand them, but they're still new words! 
- sa.eee. - sorry
- moe - milk
- moo - spoon
- raaay? - ready?
- go!
- high - this means he's ready to eat a meal in his chair - i'm assuming he got that from high chair, but we don't really ever reference it, so maybe Bea does.
- poo - pool
- oh, toooah! - oh, toodles! (from mickey mouse club house)
- beee - bed
- nah nah - knock knock
- haaaah - hot
- haaaa - hand
- piiee - potty
- siiee - sorry
- daaw - dog
- meeee - manning
- shooey - shelby

I'm trying to help him learn (age appropriate) responsibility and that we all have things to do around the house.  He is usually good about putting his clothes in his hamper when I ask him to (and sometimes without me asking), but, when he's not in the mood, I walk with him in there and we do it together.  He "helps" me feed Annie every morning and he carries his lunch box to the car and into Ms. Bea's every morning.

I really don't like him to have juice unless it's about 90% diluted with water (it's just too much sugar), but he does love it, so found this kind of capri sun which is just flavored water.  He doesn't get one every day, but he loves it when he does.  He has milk in the morning and before bed and water in between.
He's a little more picky these days when it comes to vegetables and doesn't even want to eat sweet potatoes anymore!

John got him to start getting in his carseat by him self.  All we have to do is buckle him up!

Eating out with him isn't always fun.  John and I usually take turns being the one who tends to him.  He's pretty good, but just demanding and messy.  (and, by the way, isn't common sense not to set a plate of hot food in front of a toddler? apparently it isn't.)

He still naps twice if we're home and once at Bea's.  He goes to bed around 7 and wakes up between 6:30 and 7.

He's in size 6 diapers, 3T and 4T clothes, and size 7 or 8 shoes.  I swear he gains a pound every day.  He feels heavier all the time!  I'm looking forward to his 2 year check up.

Like all kids, he goes through phases of just wanting mama or just wanting daddy.  This has been a "mama" month.  He wants to sit with me, be with me, all the time.  I'm eating it up because I know it won't be long before he's on to the next phase.

He will sit in "the corner" or "time out" and not get up until we tell him he can.  He cries the whole time usually, but will sit there until we say he can get up.  Most of the time, he goes for hitting or not listening when we ask him to do/not do something repeatedly.  We have him come over to us and say he's sorry when he gets up. 



No comments: