5/1/13

mini me and a little nostalgia

My parents have kept a lot of old things in a storage unit for 20 years and I had the opportunity this week to go through it.  Some of it was my stuff from my room in middle/high school, including 3 shoeboxes full of notes from friends.  It's amazing the things we were stressed about in 7th grade...  Some of it was household stuff (decorations, etc...).  And A LOT of it was pictures.
One of the many gems I found was my (and Shelby's) baby book.  I'm sure I'd seen it before, but I don't remember.  One thing that really motivates me to keep up with this blog is the fact that I miss knowing when I met milestones and other things about my babyhood/childhood.  Things only a mother would remember.  This baby book had a lot missing (as do the baby books of most second children), but oh how sweet it was to see at least some of the things I had wished to know.

I hear a lot that Jake looks like me.  I see John in him, too, mainly in facial expressions, but I really do see that he is quite the "mini me" after seeing these old pictures of me.  Obviously I've seen pictures of me as a baby/child before, but it was a lot of fun seeing some "new" ones.
Here are some:


 
 

2 comments:

Cameron said...

love these pics!!! made me smile! love you!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful pictures Hanna ! Thank God for sweet memories.