5/23/13

Jake - 21 months

Jake is 21 months old!  I can't believe he'll be two in a few months!  I just want to freeze in time his CUTE little voice and his sweet, funny, curious personality.  This age is so much fun.  He is so funny and loves to make us laugh.  He makes himself laugh, too, which I love.   He is doing well and this month has been easier than last, in terms of fits.  He still has them, but not as often (for now).  He continues to be a little sponge and is really a happy, happy little boy. 

Talking:
He is very talkative.  I can usually tell what he's saying if it's just one or two words, but when he starts babbling, I have no clue.  It sounds like gibberish, but I can tell he knows exactly what he's saying.  A lot of what he says sounds like a question, and it's adorable.  peeee? (please), caw? (car), baaw? (ball), sheeeee? (see?)
I won't list all of his words again (see last month's post), but here are some of the new ones.
- rain (he knows when it's raining and points at it)
- caw - car
- gah - golf
- tee - tv
- knee
- aww - arm
- da doe, mama - thank you, mama
- uh - want
- mine (not new, but very popular)
- no - still means yes and no
- sssaah - yes

- He has just recently started enjoying watching TV.  Obviously, we don't allow him to watch it excessively, but it is nice that he'll sit still long enough to enjoy a little show.  His favorites are Dino Dan, Mickey Mouse Club House, Chuggington, and Pokoyo (these are the ones that hold his attention).
- He naps once during the week and twice on the weekends.
- He goes to bed at 6:30 or 7.  He usually gets a big burst of crazy energy just before bedtime.  He's been waking up around 6:30 instead of 7 lately, with the exception of one Saturday when he slept until almost 8!
- He weighs about 32 lbs and is about 33 inches tall. 
- size 2T - 3T clothes.  (not buying anymore 2Ts) and size 7 shoe.
- size 5 diaper (buying size 6 when we run out next)
- This seems so small, but I had a realization of just how much he's grown the other morning when I held Jake's hand on the way out to the car, instead of picking him up and carrying him.  I've also convinced him that he likes to carry his lunch box (this wards off the fits he was having each morning about not being able to take his toy out the door with him).  A little reverse psychology goes a long way (sometimes).
- He is doing very well with telling us when he has to go boo boo.  He has even started telling Bea when he has to tee tee.
- He would stay outside all day every day if he could.  I hope he stays that way forever.
- He still eats well.  There are some things he won't eat well (mostly greens), but he's not picky otherwise.
- His hair has some curl, especially when it's humid out or if I don't comb it well.  It still has a good bit of strawberry color.
- He gets a big kick out of sticking his finger up my nose.  Apparently that is hilarious.
- He loves his thumb and he loves Hoots (hooo).
- He still gives open mouth kisses.

Jake, I love you more every single day.  You are the light of our lives.

that is one serious belly!

No comments: