Jake is learning and growing into himself so much every day!
He just started pointing to things he wants or places he wants to go. For example, if he wants to go outside, he walks to the back door and points at it.
He is saying "hey" more and more and says it with an enthusiastic wave that really is just adorable. He likes to say "hey" to everyone we pass in the grocery store.
He thinks anything alive and not human makes a dog noise, "ooo ooo".
He has a mystery word. It sounds like "noo maad" or "no baad". When he says it, it can sound like stop it or stop that. who knows. It's usually when he doesn't want you to do something.
He brings books to me constantly to read. In particular, he loves a picture book that I can just point to the picture and say what it is. If it's an animal, he says "ooo ooo". We're working on other animal sounds. ;)
He loves to put his bath toys in the tub before taking his bath. He does it one at a time and thinks it is so much fun.
He falls sometimes, but he really is so stable on his feet. He can turn and spin. He's trying to climb onto furniture and can get down from furniture by himself (with supervision).
He loves to close doors. Thank goodness he hasn't figured out how to open them yet. It won't be long.
He subtly bobs up and down with his knees with his arms down by his sides when he hears music. (he got those smooth moves from his dad)
He loves an audience and does really well in new places and around crowds. He's very social.
He doesn't say mama a lot, but he says "da" a lot. He loves "da".
He loves when "da" plays the guitar. He bobs up and down and even likes to strum his little fingers on the strings.
He loves bringing me things. He'll pile my lap high with everything in his toy basket if the mood strikes. I guess it's a good opportunity for him to hear "thank you" over and over again. :)
I love watching his sense of humor develop. He is starting to "play tricks". Like when I ask him to stand up at the end of bath time so I can get him out of the tub and he sits down at the last second and just laughs and laughs. Or when we ask him to hand us something he's not supposed to have, he'll walk over with it held out like he's gonna hand it over, then jerks it away at the last second and just grins. My little billy goat.
And I know I say it all the time, but if there is a cuter bottom on this planet than Jake's, I'd like to see it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment