12/23/12

Jake - 16 months

this has been such a busy month that this 16 month milestone snuck up on me!

- Jake has grown so much in just the past month.  I swear I think he's gained a few pounds and his feet have most definitely grown, too.
- He is using the word 'no' very frequently, but, most of the time when he says it, he actually means yes.
- He says hey all the timeand bye (dye).
- He is pretty much running (and is INTO everything).  being away from home with him at this stage isn't very much fun, if I'm being honest.  In our house, I know exactly where he is and what he can possible get into even if I can't see him.  Anywhere else, I am following him around constantly and it's just not that fun (for me).  For him, on the other hand, it's heaven.  He loves a crowd.
- He is still saying the mystery word which sounds like no maam!
- He plays very well by himself and with others.
- He is also very cuddly and sweet and likes to be close.
- He is hitting sometimes at school, and we're hoping he'll outgrow that soon.  When he hits at home, we put him in his crib for a short time out.  we'd rather not use his crib for that, but he wouldn't stay in one spot otherwise.
- He says mama (sometimes) and dada (all the time)
- He says "o" (hello) when playing with the phone and holding it up to his ear.
- He knows the dog (oo oo), cat (neow), cow (oooo), and duck (cack cack) sounds
- He says "choo choo" when playing with his new train
- He's still hanging tight with his 8 teeth (4 on top/bottom). 
- His belly sticks out so far after supper and it is so cute when he walks around.

This is such a fun stage.  He is learning so much and is just so great to be with and watch.
Time is going by so quickly and I know I will miss these days.  I find myself once or twice a week sneaking into his room after he's fallen asleep and just rocking him in the chair for a little while just listening to him breathe those sweet, innocent breaths and trying to soak in all the baby love while I can.

-  

No comments: