1/30/17

Hamp

Oh, Hamp.  This one is a wild card.  He is as happy as happy can be and hasn't a care in the world.  He is so rough and tumble and loud and crazy just like you hear little boys the world over described.

He has no fear and can be found climbing on many things around the house and loves to throw his hands up and just fall/jump on you with no warning.  He is talking more and more, learning and saying new words every day.  He is saying a lot of two word combo's now.  "Weeeeh Gake?" (where's Jake), "Daddy hoooo?" (Daddy home?)

Jake loves to say "I love you more" and then we go back and forth with "more more more". Hamp has picked up on it and will say, "Mama (or daddy)? Ahhh duh doe".  We say, "I love you, too, buddy."  He'll say, "mo, mo, mo".  Sweetest one.

Right now, his favorite thing to do is put on shoes, especially mine, John's, or Jake's, and walk around the house. 

He LOVES his thumb.  I mean loves it.  He doesn't prefer one over the other.

He and Jake still love sharing a room.  I don't see changing that arrangement until they ask to have their own space when they're older. 

Hamp is starting to test limits by hitting.  He knows if he hits, he has to go "have a seat".  If I sit him down on the floor and tell him to stay, he will stay.  He cries the whole time until I tell him (about a minute later) that he can get up. 

He really likes to say no, even when he really means yes.  Jake is very quick to come to his defense, saying, "Mama, no is just easier for him to say than yes."

Hamp is in the toddler room at school and is now one of the oldest ones, so he gets to go visit the two's room most afternoons.  The teacher in there says he walks in like he owns the place, which doesn't surprise me at all.  He is very sure of himself.

At the same time, he can be pretty shy when meeting new people.  He'll cling to me in the situations until he warms up.


Hamp in John's shoes

Hamp with Luke at Luke's birthday party

on the little bench at the dr's office when I took him for a cough a few weeks ago.

No comments: